The International Forums

Let your voice be heard.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-13 00:20.59

Terrariadude
User

TDude hub

Discuss me, what’s great about me, my Scratch profile, my TBGs etc.

I’m also going to try to be veteran smile

Am I awesome?

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. YES!
Total votes: 1

If yes, what is your favourite part of me?

1. My puns?
  2. My games?
  3. My Scratch profile?
  4. My TBGs?
  5. My RPGs?
  6. My MFGs?
  7. EVERYTHING!
Total votes: 1

Results of poll are hidden from guests

Last edited by Terrariadude (2018-07-13 00:21.24)

4AB4E30514194E9B8B6A.jpeg
I’m Terrariadude on the TBGs and 78ch3 on Scratch.
Save the tongue!

#2 2018-07-19 03:57.25

Me
Elite User
Website

Re: TDude hub

Just when i thought the ego levels of the 2017 generation of TBGers could not get any worse

the only elite user on the forum

#3 2018-07-21 23:44.24

redgreenandblue
User

Me wrote:

Just when i thought the ego levels of the 2017 generation of TBGers could not get any worse

Are you being ironic or something... because looking down on people for being in the "2017 generation" sounds kinda... egotistical hmm

47008.png

#4 2018-07-22 01:23.53

Me
Elite User
Website

redgreenandblue wrote:
Me wrote:

Are you being ironic or something... because looking down on people for being in the "2017 generation" sounds kinda... egotistical hmm

i don't see it as egotistical, i don't mean all of you anyway, you don't seem to have an ego but some of the others in your generation do

i mean creating a "hub" for yourself and making a topic for people to talk about your great accomplishments (...sure) is more egotistical than saying "why do people in the 2017 generation have such big egos"

#5 2018-07-22 02:39.27

redgreenandblue
User

Me wrote:
redgreenandblue wrote:
Me wrote:

i don't see it as egotistical, i don't mean all of you anyway, you don't seem to have an ego but some of the others in your generation do

i mean creating a "hub" for yourself and making a topic for people to talk about your great accomplishments (...sure) is more egotistical than saying "why do people in the 2017 generation have such big egos"

I guess, but just referring to anyone negatively as "the 2017 generation" sounds really degrading to everyone who joined that year.

I think it is kinda a joke ego though, kinda like I might call myself better than griffpatch on Scratch or something like that tongue.

(also, TerrariaDude joined like, 3 days before 2018 tongue)

47008.png

#6 2018-07-22 22:53.23

Me
Elite User
Website

redgreenandblue wrote:
Me wrote:
redgreenandblue wrote:
Me wrote:

I guess, but just referring to anyone negatively as "the 2017 generation" sounds really degrading to everyone who joined that year.

I think it is kinda a joke ego though, kinda like I might call myself better than griffpatch on Scratch or something like that tongue.

(also, TerrariaDude joined like, 3 days before 2018 tongue)

Still technically 2017, even then the generations don't exactly align perfectly with the year they're named after.
The generation before yours is like September 2016 -- March 2017ish
So you can join in 2017 and still not be 2017 generation

imo the 2017 generation really ended in like January-February '18 maybe, it's not about the calendar year you joined, more like the era, and the era doesn't align with the calendar year

anyway, the phrase "2017 generation" isn't negative, it's just the best way of me describing a generation of people. i admit i'm generalizing but a good portion of people in your generation (not specifically you, but some others) do have certain annoying traits and one of them is an ego.

but there's a difference between "haha i'm better than griffpatch" as satire and "This is a topic to discuss ME. Talk about how great I am.
Poll: Am I awesome? (only answers are yes)"

#7 2018-07-24 02:44.15

redgreenandblue
User

I don't feel like the "generations" even need to be categorized or anything.

47008.png

#8 2018-07-25 22:37.15

Me
Elite User
Website

redgreenandblue wrote:

I don't feel like the "generations" even need to be categorized or anything.

there are significant differences in them

#9 2018-07-26 03:53.07

redgreenandblue
User

There's significant differences among all the TBGers, even in the same "generations". Any similarities are just coincidences, right? (honest question)

47008.png

#10 2018-07-26 23:19.03

Me
Elite User
Website

redgreenandblue wrote:

There's significant differences among all the TBGers, even in the same "generations". Any similarities are just coincidences, right? (honest question)

I can say that most people in the late 2016 -- early 2017 generation:
- played rpgs a lot
- were against the horrible power abuse of the mods
- stood with each other on things
- weren't afraid to talk about what was going wrong in the community
- went on chat a lot

meanwhile the majority of the 2017 generation:
- loves tbgs
- doesn't play many serious rpgs
- are post count oriented rather than oriented towards having fun on the forums
- makes "tbg trends" aka 50 variations of the same game
- denies that the website was on fire

i mean the site had a completely different culture. late2016 culture was more about just having fun and 2017 culture was more about spamming the hell out of everything for post count

#11 2018-07-27 02:04.14

redgreenandblue
User

I'm just gonna comment on all the 2017  ones

- Yes, alot of us preferred TBGs, nothing's wrong with that
- In my case it is because I couldnt really find any I thought would be fun. I dont know much about POkemon and about 10% of the serious RPGs are about that. I'm thinking of an RPG I might make though.
-Inreasing your post count is actually kinda fun though, I dont see how they contradict each other.
-I know we already disagree about this, but A. trends are fun, and B. they would'nt exist if most people didnt agree
-The site isn't on fire, but everyone agrees it has changed a lot.

And about what you said about the glorious 2016 generation, I think you are just talking about the people who agree with you, because there was a whole lot of drama on the forums back then (at least from what I read) I guess what I am saying is really that I dislike how people act like everything was perfect back in the good ol days when people like me and other new users hadnt joined but now everything is on fire.

Yeah the 2017 generation is far from perfect but you can really say the same about 2016.

(sorry about all of the errors, I am typing this on the crummiest device)

47008.png

#12 2018-07-27 02:28.10

redgreenandblue
User

@TDude sorry bout the spam in your hub hmm

47008.png

#13 2018-07-27 15:53.58

Me
Elite User
Website

lmao you are interpreting things here that i never said

first off i'm not flaming you or the other members of your generation, i'm just stating the facts of what you guys like to do that we don't do

as for the rpgs, if you dont like the existing ones, make new ones. theres just a difference between an rpg about running a lemonade stand which plays a little like a tbg and an rpg with lots of deeper meaning and a complicated plot and rich backstory

maybe you didn't realize but most people on the forums seemed like they were a little sick of the trends. why do you think the tbg section was almost completely abandoned by my generation towards the end?

is english not your native language? there's a difference between "is" and "was". the website might not be on fire right now but it was at one point and most of you were denying it

you find spamming up every single topic and playing games JUST BECAUSE they have an opportunity to increase your post count fun? i actually kind of feel bad for you if that is fun to you

#14 2018-07-27 16:50.08

redgreenandblue
User

I apologize for the length of this post, it is just what I have to say about yours

I kinda figured if I brought up any flaws about your generation you might get hostile, but I wasn't looking for a fight.

Me wrote:

first off i'm not flaming you or the other members of your generation, i'm just stating the facts of what you guys like to do that we don't do

But then you proceed to list all of the reasons that your generation is superior.

Me wrote:

as for the rpgs, if you dont like the existing ones, make new ones. theres just a difference between an rpg about running a lemonade stand which plays a little like a tbg and an rpg with lots of deeper meaning and a complicated plot and rich backstory

I am trying to work on my own RPG right now, the setting would be a post-apocalyptic steampunk world and the players would try to find out what happened there. Over time the backstory of the island would be revealed. The reason you never saw me in the RPG section back then isn't because I hated RPGs, it's because I didn't really like the ones that I could join (and the ones that I liked were way too deep into play and it would've been real rough to join at that point).

Me wrote:

maybe you didn't realize but most people on the forums seemed like they were a little sick of the trends. why do you think the tbg section was almost completely abandoned by my generation towards the end?

List of people who participated in TGORADASWH (well, made topics at least):

Alex The JPEG (alexphan)
Shpore
redgreenandblue
Floofy
BaconAndEggs1
(you are on the list at this part too)
DownsGameClub
seanbobe
joefarebrother (kinda)
ChildGamer
TurquoiseTabby
findanegg (YouFindYourselfInJail)
Netherland
CoolTBGGaming

List of people who hated the Sandwich (there was barely any hate over TGORADASWH so sandwich instead):
Based on Q&S

You were the first to hate it
idk about Flowermanvista (he said he hated it followed by feeling extremely victorious of making a 9 topic long sandwich)
Itaku (Thartler, Faressain)
and last, and probably not least: objecty

Me wrote:

is english not your native language? there's a difference between "is" and "was". the website might not be on fire right now but it was at one point and most of you were denying it

My mistake then, you keep persisting about how dead the site is so I just thought you meant the same now. Also, it 'was' only on fire because you and a handful of your 2016 people insisted it was.
Also, please don't bring up "Is english not your native language?" just because there is a misunderstanding in a discussion. I know there were at least 2 misunderstandings in your post but I'm not going to yell at you for that.

Me wrote:

you find spamming up every single topic and playing games JUST BECAUSE they have an opportunity to increase your post count fun? i actually kind of feel bad for you if that is fun to you

(one of those misunderstandings here) What I mean is that topics that are just counting and topics that are "fun" by your definition don't need to contradict each other, just like how TBGs, MFGs, and RPGs don't. In fact, why would anyone even play any counting game if the point wasn't to increase the score?
And that last part really bugs me. "I actually feel bad for you if X is fun to you". Why don't you try to replace X with literally anything else...
Let me just bring that first thing you said down here:

Me wrote:

I'm starting to think that isn't the case yikes

A lot of what you are said is also relative, so what it ends up as looking like is this:
"The 2017 generation is bad because you don't like exactly the same things as us"

47008.png

#15 Yesterday 21:07.20

Terrariadude
User

Why are you using this as your personal chat?ill have to get the mods to get rid of your spam.

4AB4E30514194E9B8B6A.jpeg
I’m Terrariadude on the TBGs and 78ch3 on Scratch.
Save the tongue!

Board footer